All the clothes we sell at Little Nutkins are gorgeously designed with high quality fabric. To keep them looking as pristine for as long as possible, we suggest you wash and care for your clothes using the following instructions:
General washing instructions
- Wash at 30 degrees.
- Do not wash dark and light colours together and turn patterned clothes inside out, especially for the first few washes
- Do not tumble dry
- Iron inside out
- For stains, apply an eco friendly stain removal treatment to the area in question. Avoid soaking the item as it can lead to shrinkage.
- Avoid getting any vinyl designs hot
- If a vinyl design starts to peel:
- Use a sheet of baking paper and place it on the design
- Iron the garment with the baking sheet providing a barrier between the iron and the vinyl
- Hold the iron in place for a few seconds, until the vinyl is adhered to the fabric again
Bobbling (pilling) is caused by abrasion from washing or tumble drying, as well as general wear and tear (it’s where the cotton fibres breakdown after being rubbed). Because cotton has shorter fibres, it can be more prone to pilling (bobbling) due to washing techniques. We already recommend washing our clothing on a low heat wash (30 degrees), turn the clothes inside out and do not tumble dry. When following these instructions pilling should be minimised.
Some pilling will always occur in cotton through natural wear and tear.